Kerala is a state in the south-west region of India on the Malabar coast. It was formed on 1 November 1956 as per the States Reorganisation Act by combining various Malayalam-speaking regions. Spread over 38,863 km2 (15,005 sq mi) it is bordered by Karnataka to the north and north east, Tamil Nadu to the east and south, and the Lakshadweep Sea to the west. With 33,387,677 inhabitants as per the 2011 census, Kerala is the twelfth largest state by population and is divided into 14 districts. Malayalam is the most widely spoken and official language of the state. The state capital is Thiruvananthapuram, other major cities include Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam and Thrissur.
COCHIN – Queen of the Arabian Sea (in spite of sharing no borders with the Arabian Sea), Kochi was an important spice trading centre on the Laccadive Sea coast from the 14th century. Occupied by the Portuguese Empire in 1503, Kochi was the first of the European colonies in colonial India. It remained the main seat of Portuguese India until 1530, when Goa was chosen instead. The city was later occupied by the Dutch and the British, with the Kingdom of Cochin becoming a princely state.
SKETCH ITINARARY :-
05 Nights/ 06 Days
|01||Arrival at Cochin, transfer to the Hotel, Enjoy half day Cochin sightseeing. Overnight stay at Cochin|
|02||Drive from Cochin to Periyar, Arrival at Periyar. Overnight stay at Periyar||(175 KMS/ 5 HRS DRIVE)|
|03||After Breakfast, Go for Periyar Boating, and in the evening visit Kumily Spice market. Back to the Hotel. Overnight stay at Periyar|
|04||Drive from Periyar to Kumarakom, Enroute Visit Plantation Bungalow. Arrival at Kumarakom, Overnight stay at Kumarakom||(135 KMS/ 4.5 HRS DRIVE)|
|05||Drive from Kumarakom to Alleppey, By noon board our traditional houseboat at Pallathuruthy Boat jetty. Cursing through the Backwaters and Canals, explore and enjoy the beauty of rural village life and backwaters. Overnight on board||(45 KMS/ 01 HOUR)|
|06||After breakfast, Check out from the Hotel and drive to the Airport to board the flight to onward destination|
- PRICE EXCLUDES
- +9.00% Govt service tax extra
- Entrance fees & Activities cost
- Extra meal & Expenses of a personal nature such as hard/soft drinks
- Local guides, entrance at monuments, still/video camera
- Laundry, phone/fax, tips & gratuities and any items not specified above.
- Any increase in fuel costs
- Cooking Demo with Lunch or Dinner
- Nature Walk, Bird Sanctuary visit, Periyar Boating/ Bamboo Rafting, Tribal art Performance
- Any Govt. or State taxes subsequently introduced will be extra
- Any meals, accommodation or services not mentioned in the itinerary, hotel list or ‘includes’ list. Flight / Train tickets.
|NO OF PAX||VEHICLE|
|06 – 10 PAX||9/ 12 SEATER TEMPO TRAVELLER|
- HOTELS TO BE USED
|PLACES||DELUXE HOTELS||STANDARD HOTELS|
|COCHIN||CASINO HOTEL/ SIMILAR||HOTEL CASTLE ROCKS/ SIMILAR|
|PERIYAR (THEKKADY)||POITREE HOTEL/ SIMILAR||JUNGLE PARK/ SIMILAR|
|KUMARAKOM||BACK WATER RIPPLES/ SIMILAR||PARADISE RESORT/ SIMILAR|
05 NIGHTS/ 06 DAYS
- DAY 01: ARRIVAL AT COCHIN
COCHIN – Queen of the Arabian Sea’ and has in store for visitors some heritage sites as well as historic ones with a landscape crisscrossed by backwaters, which meet the Arabian Sea at various points.
- On arrival at Cochin airport, you will be met by our representative and then escorts you to your hotel.
- Check – in your hotel. Afternoon proceed for a guided Cochin sightseeing.
- Visit Jewish Synagogue in Jew Town The Jewish Synagogue in the port city of Kochi is the oldest synagogue in all the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Visit Dutch Palace:- Built by the Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja Veera Kerala Varma of Kochi, the Palace was renovated in 1663 by the Dutch. It has an exquisite collection of murals collectively covering over 300 sq. ft of its walls Also on display are royal paraphernalia like weapons, swings and furniture which offer a glimpse of the lifestyle of the royal family.
- Visit St. Francis Church, the oldest European Church in India. See the Chinese Fishing Nets, along the tip of Fort Cochin unique to this part of Kerala and living symbols of a centuries-old Chinese influence on this coast.
- See the Chinese Fishing Nets, along the tip of Fort Cochin unique to this part of Kerala and living symbols of a centuries-old Chinese influence on this coast.
- Evening Kathakali Dance Performance, Facial and hand gestures tell innumerable stories so it is a good idea to watch the artists put on their make up for a show – an elaborate process as the colours are made from natural mineral & stone.
- Special Seafood Dinner at Local restaurant at Cochin.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
- DAY 02:- COCHIN – PERIYAR (175 KMS/ 5 HRS DRIVE)
Periyar Known for its Wildlife Sanctuary – one of India’s biggest wildlife sanctuaries covering 300 Sq. miles is a Tiger Reserve. Its centerpiece, the man-made Periyar Lake at the height of 2000 ft. covers 26 sq. km, running through the forests of the Western Ghats in Kerala.
- After breakfast depart for Periyar
- Upon arrival, check in at the hotel.
- EVENING SPICE PLANTATION VISIT.
- The Program which explore the well grown spices like cardamom, pepper, clove, ginger, turmeric etc as this place is the exact location for this. This district of Kerala state is well known for the high quality spices even in the ancient times. The duration of the program is 1hr- 1-5hr.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
- DAY 03:- AT PERIYAR
The Periyar wild life sanctuary, the only one of such kind in India where one can have the experience of beholding wildlife at close quarters in natural habitat from the safety of a boat ride at lake Periyar-to see the wild animals in its natural habitat.
- Morning breakfast at Hotel.
- Go for Periyar Boating.
3. Overnight stay at Hotel.
- DAY 04:- PERIYAR – KUMARAKOM (135 KMS/ 4.5 HRS DRIVE)
- Morning after breakfast drive to Kumarakom, En –route visit Plantations at Plantation bungalow.
PLANTATION BUNGALOW: – There’s just so much to do on a visit to one of our plantations. Trek through acres of rubber, coffee, pineapple and spices. Watch rubber being tapped, coffee beans being picked – in fact, a plantation at work.
- Lunch at Plantation Bungalow
- Check-in Hotel at Kumarakom.
- Day at Leisure.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
- DAY 05:- KUMARKOM – ALLEPPEY (45 KMS/ 01 HOUR)
- Check-out from Hotel and proceed to Alleppey, about 45 kms and 1 hrs Drive.
- By noon board our traditional houseboat at Pallathuruthy Boat jetty. Cursing through the Backwaters and Canals, explore and enjoy the beauty of rural village life and backwaters.
- Canoe cruise through small canals will be included.
- Lunch, Dinner and morning Breakfast will be provided on Board.
- Overnight on board.
- DAY 06:- ALLEPPEY – COCHIN AIRPORT
- After Breakfast, Check out from the Hotel
- Depart in time to Cochin International airport to connect onto your flight for home
PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON BASIS (IN INR)
RATES VALID TILL MARCH’ 2016
|CATEGORY||02 PAX||04 PAX||06 PAX||08- 10 PAX||EXTRA BED|
|STANDARD||INR 24, 065||INR 20, 232||INR 19, 244||INR 18, 102||INR 12, 058|
|DELUXE||INR 29, 999||INR 26, 316||INR 25, 418||INR 24, 277||INR 14, 155|
Please note the rate is not valid from 05th Nov to 21st Nov and 20th Dec 2015 to 10th Jan 2016
+9.00% Govt service tax extra